Screen Printing & Pad Printing
- Stock Imprint Color Recommendations: Gold, Silver or White are recommended on dark items; Black, Blue, Green or Red on light items.
Screen/Pad Printing Charges:
- Custom Logo from camera-ready art: Add $25.00 (G) per logo.
- Process Printing not available except on Domed items.
- Copy Changes: Add $15.00 (G) per change.
- PMS Color Match Imprint: Add $20.00 (G) per color (available on screen-printed and pad-printed items only). Applies on repeat orders.
- Change of Imprint Color: Add $15.00 (E) per color for screen wash. Applies on repeat orders.
- Repeat Orders with Copy Change: Add $20.00 (G).
- Repeat Orders with Logo Change: Add $25.00 (G).
- Screen/Pad printing on metal pens and packaging (where available): Add .20 (G) per piece run charge, plus $35.00 (G) Logo/Plate charge per color. Run charge applies on repeat orders.
- Screen Print on Vinyl Items: See the Hot Stamping section on this page.
Two-Color Screen/Pad Printing, 500-999 units:
- Add $25.00 (G) per color/screen, plus $50.00 (G) set-up charge for 2nd color, and .09 (G) per piece run charge on screen-printed items; .20 (G) per piece run charge on pad-printed, vinyl items and metal pens. Set up and run charge applies on repeat orders.
Two-Color Screen/Pad Printing, 1000 units and up:
- Add $25.00 (G) per color/screen, and .09 (G) per piece run charge on screen-printed pens; .20 (G) per piece run charge on pad-printed, vinyl items and metal pens. Run charge applies on repeat orders.
- Color Separation: Properly labeled color-separated art must be provided. Additional work will be billed at $50.00 (G) per half-hour
- For 3 or more imprint colors, factory requests submission of art for review prior to acceptance of order.
Additional Location Screen/Pad Printing Charges:
- Barrel Imprint (where available): Add .10 (G) per piece run charge, plus $25.00 (G) Logo/Screen charge per color. Run charge applies on repeat orders.
- Cap Imprint (where available): Add .10 (G) per piece run charge, plus $25.00 (G) set-up and $25.00 (G) screen charge. Set-up and run charge applies on repeat orders.
- Clip Imprint (where available): Add .20 (G) per piece run charge, plus $25.00 (G) set-up and $25.00 (G) screen charge. Run charge applies on repeat orders.
Art on disk/art by e-mail
SEND ALL ART TO firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line must include Purchase Order Number. Body of email must contain: Company name, address, phone number, person to contact
- Attachment must be labeled with purchase order number. We cannot accept attachments labeled pen, logo, planner, etc.
- Submit faxed copy of art along with purchase order
- Multiple color art must be pre-separated and include registration marks.
- Art must be vector-based in black and white with text (fonts) converted to outlines. SUPERMATIC is not responsible for art that is not converted prior to submission.
- File Formats Supported: Adobe Illustrator up to CS3 for PC in either .eps or .ai. PDFs will be accepted as long as they are originally created in illustrator.
- File Formats Not Supported: tiffs, jpegs, psds, pagemaker, qxds, doc, docx, pub, powerpoint, etc.
- Artwork is held for 2 calendar years. After 2 years, repeat orders will be treated as new orders and logo charges will apply.SUPERMATIC is not responsible for delays on orders that cannot immediately be matched up with e-mailed art due to incomplete or incorrect information.
- Minimum Art Charge: $50.00 (G) per half-hour for touch-ups and corrections on submitted art.
- Faxed/E-Mailed Proofs (upon request only): $10.00 (G).
- Digital Proofs/Renderings (upon request only): $10.00 (G).
- Curved typesetting: $12.00 (G). Submitting Copy:
- Color Separation: Properly labeled color-separated art must be provided. Additional work will be billed at $50.00 (G) per half-hour.
- Submit typed or legibly printed copy. SUPERMATIC is not responsible for errors that may result from customers’ handwritten copy.
- Whenever possible, type will be set according to request. SUPERMATIC reserves the right to choose type styles and set copy for best appearance and legibility if not specified on purchase order.Materials, colors, and components may vary slightly within an order, although the quality of the imprinting will not be affected.
- Laser Engraving is available only where indicated.
- Custom Logos from camera-ready art: Add $50.00 (E) per logo digitizing charge or non-stock typestyles.
- For items with listed price for screen/pad printing that offer laser engraving as an option, add .50 (E) per piece run charge for up to two lines of straight-line copy. Applies on repeat orders.
- Second-Location Laser Engraving: Add .50 (E) per piece run charge. Run charge applies on repeat orders.
- Laser Copy Changes: $35.00 (A) per change.
- Stock Engraving Styles Available: (Specify where to apply capital letters and/or upper and lower case letters, script is only available as upper/lower letters):Script Times Roman Helvetica
- Personalization: Add .65 (E) per name. If supplying disk in ASCII format, deduct .10 (A) from unit cost. (SUPERMATIC is not responsible for errors that may occur from supplied disks and/or files.)
- PenFolios are available separately (no pens).
- Any pen in our catalog can be matched with PenFolios. Call factory for recommendations.
- Custom logo from camera-ready art: Add $35.00 (G) per logo/per color/per location. For PenFolio and pen combination, one logo charge for both if same logo/artwork. Add $25.00 (G) for separate logo.
- Additional location imprint: Add .20 (G) per piece, plus $25.00 (G) logo charge if applicable. Applies on repeat orders.
- Multi-color imprinting (on PenFolio cover): Add .40 (C) per piece/per color run charge, plus $35.00 (G) per color screen charge. 150 units minimum. Applies on repeat orders. See above for imprinting on pens.
- PMS color match: Add $20.00 (G) per match. Applies on repeat orders.
- Normal Production Time: Approximately 5-7 working days on all orders, including repeat orders.
- When time is essential, please check with SUPERMATIC for “must-have” dates and product availability.
- Acknowledgments upon request only.
- Scheduled Factory Closings: All Legal Holidays
- 24-Hour Rush: Call Factory for details
- Clearly mark the “in-hand” date and express shipping method on the order.
- For guaranteed delivery dates, EXPRESS SHIPPING must be authorized. When possible, please provide the account number of your chosen express carrier.
- Production is dependent on credit approval & “problem-free” camera-ready art (correct file format). SUPERMATIC is not responsible for delays due to incomplete or inaccurate information on PO.
Production Proof / Spec Sample
- Proof/Spec Sample: Add $20.00 (G); plus $25.00 (G) logo charge (if applicable), and cost of item at End Quantity.
- Allow 3-5 working days on most items. For custom products, please inquire.
- Written approval on proofs must be returned to SUPERMATIC within 2 business days in order to meet scheduled shipping or “in-hand” date.
- Factory reserves the right to re-schedule orders when proof approvals are delayed.
- Less-Than-Minimum: $35.00 (G) for orders under minimum catalog quantity. Absolute minimum quantity accepted is half the minimum listed.
- Combination Orders: When the same imprint is used, combine total quantity of all items ordered. Applicable only on items from the same product line. (i.e., cannot combine quantities on pens and vinyl items.) Different imprints and imprinting methods will be billed separately.
- Changes & Cancellation of Orders: Changes and cancellation notices must be faxed or emailed to SUPERMATIC. When factory deems necessary, cancelled orders are subject to Handling Fee of $25 plus materials and labor completed prior to our notification.
- Unimprinted/Blank Orders: Billed at End Quantity Pricing. Minimum of $50 (A) per order.
- Under/Overruns: SUPERMATIC strives to ship exact quantities; however, a 5% over or under may occur and will be reflected in the billing. If exact quantity is required, there will be a $15.00 (G) charge.
- To insure exact duplication of a previous order, all pertinent information concerning the product (e.g., style number, item color, imprint color, logo positioning, ink refill, etc.), MUST be specified on the new order.
- Provide the SUPERMATIC invoice/order number, your previous Purchase Order number and date ordered.
- No set-up charges on exact repeats. Additional charges incurred on previous order may apply, check with factory.
- Unless otherwise specified, a repeat order will be produced within our standard production time.
- Repeat orders with copy change, add $15.00 (G).
- Repeat order with logo change, add $25.00 (G). SUPERMATIC is not responsible for repeat orders produced incorrectly due to incomplete or inaccurate information on Purchase Order.
- All products ship F.O.B. New York.
- If a carrier and an account number are not specified on Purchase Order, SUPERMATIC reserves the right to choose the best or most economical carrier for domestic shipments.
- For 3rd party billing and residential deliveries, add $8.00 (G) for each service. Advise insurance value.
- For international shipments, it is imperative that a carrier and account number be provided. Indicate preferred value of shipment for the factory to use on the airway bill.
- Failure to provide complete and accurate shipping addresses may cause delays to your shipment. Shipments cannot be made to Post Office Boxes.
- When requesting shipping dates (instead of “in-hand date”), allow for transit time from factory to destination. SUPERMATIC is not responsible for delays on shipments that have been given to carrier on time.
- Split/Drop Shipments: $10.00 (G) per address.
- C.O.D. Shipments: $8.00 (G) per carton plus freightcharges.
- Insurance & Handling: Added to all shipments.
- Special Packaging: Please inquire for quote and provide packaging requirements.
- There will be a $10 (G) charge for priority mail or express mail packages that must be taken to the post office.
- Absolutely no merchandise will be accepted without prior authorization.
- If an unauthorized return is sent, you may be subject to a handling fee.
- Authorized returns must be made within 30 days from the time the order was received.
- Merchandise must be returned in its original packaging and securely packed when shipping back to factory.
- Authorized merchandise will be credited only for the actual quantity received by SUPERMATIC.
SuperMatic Refill Guarantee
- A super guarantee from Supermatic! All standard flexible ballpoint pen cartridges will have a 2-year shelf life. Rollerball refills and markers contain water-based inks and have a 6-month shelf life. SUPERMATIC recommends these items to be distributed soon after the receipt of merchandise to provide longest usage. If need is not immediate, split shipments are suggested. Storage location and temperature can affect the refills, therefore, we reserve the right to inspect all claims.
- Please refer to product page for refill specifications. When requesting ink color other than what is shown as standard, a substitution charge will apply.
- Refill Substitution charges:
Black Ink (or Blue, when not Standard) $0.15(C)
Brass Substituted for Plastic $0.30(A)
- Refills sold separately. Minimum order $50.00(A)
Blue ink, Flexible, Medium Point $0.12(A)
Blue ink, Brass, Medium Point $0.30(A)
For above refills with Black ink, add $0.05(A)
- Black ink refills for light & laser pens $0.60(C)
- Jumbo Plastic Refills:
Blue ink, Medium Point $0.30(A)
Black ink, Medium Point $0.35(A)
- Jumbo Brass Refills:
Blue or Black ink, Medium Point $0.80(A)
- Cross-Type Refills:
Brass, Blue ink, Medium Point $0.36(A)
Brass, Black ink, Medium Point $0.40(A)
For above refills with Black ink, add $0.05(A)
- Rollerball Refills:
Black ink only $0.90(A)
(Rollerball refills are available at most stationary stores. The most common brands are Schaeffer Rollerball 2. Mitsubishi #UBR-7B. Quill #9550. Itoya #NPR-5. Pelikan #338.)
Purchase Order Guidelines
1. Show ASI, PPAI, SAGE or account number or indicate “new customer.”
2. Include quantity, style number, item color and extra (or optional) charges.
3. Include imprint color and refill ink color.
4. Please indicate “emailed art to come” or “factory to typeset”.
5. Specify ship date or “in-hands” date.
6. Include shipping address and shipping method.
7. If ordering assorted colors, purchase order must specify quantity for each or SUPERMATIC reserves the right to assort based on available colors.
8. When sending/confirming hard copy of a faxed order, it should be clearly noted as confirmation to avoid duplication of the order. Any duplication of an order due to lack of this notation will be customer’s responsibility.
9. Order acknowledgement on request only. We suggest faxed orders be confirmed to avoid delays caused by unsuccessful transmissions.
10. Colors shown in the catalog are digitally reproduced and may vary slightly from actual product. If item color is critical, please request a sample before placing an order.
Prices may vary. Please check website for the most accurate pricing.